View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM

diagram THANKS !

Ron this is great. Thank you. The words at the bottom are so small even when I blew it up and the color gets lost but I should be able to follow each line, to and from what ever they service.

This is my first Mercedes. I always wanted and S/L and I met a guy who had this in storage. He was not mechanicly inclined and had no idea where to start. I picked it up for not too much and so far I have replaced all calipers and flexable brake lines and cleaned out the mechanical fuel injection (completely) and got it running. New belts & plugs too. I love the way the Germans engineered things like the saw tooth on the alternator for belt tentioning etc.. I found that there were several vacuum lines removed and plugged and I even found one line that was supposed to attach to a short steel pipe that is about 1/8th inch in diameter and it is down on the engine on the left hand side below what would be an intake manifold. ( hard to see) I found that this little tube was sucking in all the vacuum it wanted because the non vacuum line was what some one had plugged. Finally I took off the air cleaner and put double plastic wrap over the opening and covered that with several floded burlap bags. The engine idled right down ( real slow and smooth) then I was able to hear the sucking air and replace some vacuum hoses. Hey that 1/8th inch tube I mentioned, There is NO WAY in hell that you can get your hand down to touch it or push a vacuum line on it so I cut and bent a wire hanger, slid a piece of vacuum tubing onto the hanger and then bent the hanger so I could fish it down to the tube, and the hanger, because I had filed the end to a point slipped right into the tube. Then I just pushed the vac line down the hanger and over the tube. That was great so I sat down and had a beer. When I figure out how to attach pictures I will show you my car projects.
1923 T bucket with a 1960 Chevy 6 cylinder & big tires on rear
1923 Turtle back Doctors T bucket with a 1949 ab V8 flat head
2000 C70 Volvo convertible ( high pressure turbo) This thing flies
2004 jeep GC
1984 jeep CJ
1976 450 S/L
thanks again for the picture. Just qurious, where did you get it? what publication?