Thread: Class warfare
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymr View Post
It's not my business how much money you have, but if you and your wealthy 2% echelon just sit on all your money, and fail to pumping it back into the economy, then what?
Point is its their money....and smart people put money aside for emergencies....even smart poor people a few bucks a week adds up over years and even a poor person can afford to do that.

I grew up poor...my mother taught me to take at least a few dollars of EVERY check no matter how small and put it in the bank...

Many of the "poor" wouldn't be so poor if they followed that advice....and adjusted their lifestyle to live within their budget at all times....ever hear the quote...."Chamaign taste but a beer budget"?

I've been there....there is nothing inaccurate about it....in fact I learned my lesson the hard way about assuming the next check will be as much as your previous one. Or that any downturn isn't longterm and not readjust your lifestyle.

When things look bad the smart people hold on to their money......poor and rich alike. And with the Democrats blaming the rich for everything....who can blame them for really holding on tight. When you see a possible mugger coming at you...you don't throw your checkbook and wallet at them.....you take steps to protect whats yours.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche