View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I watched the video. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much information that shows the entire episode. This means we can't see what happened from beginning to end. I don't know if he offered violent reactions when confronted or what happened. However, given his schizo status and the fact that he has had violent episodes in the past, who can say that he didn't offer violent resistance initially?

As to having 6 officers vs 1 nutball, we have to realize these nutballs can be very strong.
Cops are supposed to be trained. If they are not then it is the fault of the city/state. If six officers are unable to subdue a single individual then I have concerns about their ability to be a cop. There is no indication that he had gun much less any other lethal weapon. There is no indication that the cops used non-lethal force. I have heard of very few instances where a person can walk through mace and a taser.

People tend to have a heard mentality. That has been shown over and over. I would not be surprised if one bad cop started the beating and the other joined in out of fear of not fitting in and some macho sensibility.

So far I have not seen nor heard anything to suggest that all six cops should not be terminated and have criminal charges brought against them. They were not battling the Hulk with cops being thrown around like rag dolls. Given the fact that he was beat to death, there obviously was a point where he stopped any aggressive behavior, assuming there was any in the first place. I think the beating should have at least stopped then.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.