View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
ĦAy Jodido!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh View Post
I have to break up my 'food' into small 'bite-size' pieces. My mind is a fraction of what it I'm use to and if I take to big a step I become frustrated.

First thing I have to do is find some comfort with your use of the term irrational instead of non-rational. I find it inflaming and discouraging discourse.
I'll speak in little bites. First, a suggestion; stop taking everything so personally. You appear to be looking for something to find offensive.

Now then, I'll phrase kerry's question a different way.

So as not to impugn any other established faith, let's say I am a member of the Church of Lloyd Bridges. We worship The Lloyd Our God as the physical manifestation of God.
Is our faith as valid a path to spiritual enlightenment or "salvation" as yours?

Alternately, I have found my personal connection to the christian faith I was raised with to be untenable, it's dogma disagreeable and it's insistence that Jesus is the only way my soul won't burn in hell for eternity to be absurd, and have sought other paths which work for me.

Am I going to hell?

I firmly believe that if you have the courage of your convictions you should easily be able to answer either of these in one simple word. Yes, or no. Which is it?
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting