View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Still pedaling...

Definitely never expected to see a SWAT team over my backyard fence Saturday morning!

Can you believe it?? A SWAT team surrounding my neighbor's house yesterday morning. I think the parents are out of town, so their son had some friends over. Things got out of hand about 5:00am, there was a scuffle, a gun was drawn, and one of them got shot. He's in the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. When the occupants became uncooperative with the police, the SWAT team was brought in. There's been an arrest, but I don't know who. I presume the son.

Geez, we live in a very nice area where this kind of stuff never happens. The last known occurrence was a robbery about 15 years ago (told to me by another neighbor). Just goes to show: you don't always know what your kids are up to-- keep an eye on them and don't be afraid to ask questions!

There were about 15 police officers in full body gear and machine guns. A huge armored car pulled up beside the house. Men with machine guns on the decks of the adjoining houses, across the street under cars, and behind the shed that boarders our backyard fence. I took three quick pictures behind the blinds of an upstairs bedroom before heading to the front of our house to avoid any possible gunfire. The rear of our house is mostly windows so any bullets would just go right through! Luckily no one (other than one person) was shot. Hopefully this'll never happen again. The house has been deserted since. I can't imagine what the parents will do! They're nice people.
Attached Thumbnails
Definitely never expected to see a SWAT team over my backyard fence Saturday morning!-swat-team-summer-11-003.jpg   Definitely never expected to see a SWAT team over my backyard fence Saturday morning!-swat-team-summer-11-002.jpg   Definitely never expected to see a SWAT team over my backyard fence Saturday morning!-swat-team-summer-11-001.jpg  

Current:
2014 VW Tiguan SEL 4Motion 43,000 miles.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (wife's).

Past:
2006 Jetta TDI 135,970 miles. Sold Nov. '13.
1995 E-320 Special Edition. 220,200 miles. Sold Sept. '07.
1987 190-E 16 valve. 153,000 miles. Sold Feb. '06.
1980 300-D 225,000 miles. Donated to the National Kidney Foundation.
1980 240-D manual, 297,500 miles. Totaled by inattentive driver.