View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 02:32 PM

Thumbs down Y'all should quit hitting on that crack pipe!

And I mean that in the nicest way!
You guys sound like you are straight from the Bush administration's Energy cabinet! Where do you get this propoganda and misinformation. ( Just as a little side note, My mother as well as a whole local populace was given cancer by a little "friendly" release of radiation. They just wanted to check on dispersal patterns, well it dispersed allright, right through her and everyone else's body. So far they have removed her uterus, ovaries, small intestine and part of her large (they had to stop there or put on permanent IV). It is througout her entire body and there is nothing they can do. She is one of thousands. There are a couple of class action lawsuits, but maybe my great granchildren will get a buck eighty($1.80) out of it when it is settled (you ever try to sue the Government or the Nuclear big boys). The issue is storing the waste. we are guaranteed to poison this planet with current storage technologies. We need to figure out how to neutralize the waste before we create more. Although this might be a moot point if the Son of a Bush starts world war III for Daddy!

On the recycling side, we have out here in California one of the most advanced resource recovery centers in the world in our county. They separate everything that comes in from every house hold and every construction site/project in the county. There is no other choice, this is our dump. Aplliances are dimantled all metals separated and processed, dirt and concrete and rocks are separated and cleaned and remixed into compost,soil, road beds etc. All green waste is mulched and used or put in a separate green landfill, trees and limbs are cut and dried and sold as firewood. It is only after everything else is processed out that the remainder goes into a typical landfill.
This has made the owner a multi billionaire. The only thing they can't readily recycle is non conforming plastics and plastic bags. Now if all plastics were mandatorily recycleable we would be in good shape. We have now reduced county waste by 75% and we are trying to get even better. Clothing manufacturers like Patagonia are taking the plastics and making "polar fleece" clothing with it. Other people are bailing it to use as insultion in buildings or directly building "Straw" bale houses. We are living proof that it not only works, but is extreamly profitable. It would seem that you guys just have either lazy or more likely crooked garbage collectors where you live.

I won't even begin to send you guys links to IDEPENDENT data (as in studies not funded by the nuclear energy commission, or the oiligarchy) it would take too much time which I don't have right now and you guys can search it out yourselves. remember to look at who was sighning the paychecks for those studies (remember when "scientific" studies showed smoking to be harmless?)

Look Out! there is a terrorist behind every Bush!

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Biosmell; 10-09-2002 at 02:51 PM.