View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Benzman500

Cool Got my new amp & First real race in BMW

I got my new amp and I'm not to happy with Sony their 760watts are barely equal to my Pyramid 600watt (these are max power BTW). They hit but they do not sound all that great with my new 6x9s because you can't hear them inside the car.
Well now for the race
A kid at work has a 240z (newer late 80's 90s) Real ricey. He was bragging about how fast his car is and that he can beat any german car. BLA BLA BLA SO after work we had a few runs he romped on it while cold and was pushing it hard. I let the BMW warm up the first few runs and he was all excited about how he kicked my a**. SO on the next run I reved it up to about 3k and slowly let the clutch out (first is slow) got into second and and floored it I caught up the 2 lengths or so I was behind took it to 5k and shifted into 3rd and then 4th took him by 2-3 lenghts by the end of the lot. I did this one more time before he said he had enough and had to go.
PS
HE was on it HARD that last run when he shifted he almost went sideways and that little nissan engine was smoking like it was about to blow. (I chocked on exhaust untill I got around him)