View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Tout doit accélèrent.

Unhappy Selling / parting out 85' 300D

Hello all-
Sad to say I might be rid of my 300D. I've been a member for quite some time here on the forum and picked up all my tips and tricks from you guys. I made it round trip NY -> AZ in her and updated my status along the way. I even made in through some personal stalking issues by a psycho female which I updated and posted here. It's been quite a ride!
Argh... but I have to give up keeping it as a long-term vehicle; the upkeep is too much. I even went so far as to buy insulation/sound proofing for the floors which I did myself after taking out the seats. There's even rear head rests which I installed. Oile changed every 3K-5K until I started doing it myself about 20K ago.
I have spent over 3K in the past 5 years. Bought it with 115K about 5 years ago and my plan was to keep it long term. Has about 215K now.
Just recently I was cruising along and all of a sudden a loud engine rattle and *konk, no reason, no warning.
Methinks it's the timing chain but that was supposed to have been replaced along with many other things about 50Kmiles ago- however, I also had issues with the mechanics who went WAY over my budget and I had to get ugly with the BBB etc... long story short- these people in NY charged me for things they never did, which I found out too late in AZ after having paid for the repairs. My point is; maybe they never did the timing chain either.
So the car has been sitting since last Wednesday at an unresponsive mechanic business who said he'd look at it last week but hasn't returned my calls. He was somewhat reliable in the past and the day my call quit it was near him and he said he'd look at it but that he didn't work on them anymore. So I was stuck in the middle of nowhere chosing between having it towed for mega-change to another mechanic who might rip me off... or towing it to his place for cheap where he could diagnose it reliably.
Soooo... the car won't start. My insurance was able to tow it sixteen miles. That's right, not sixty- sixTEEN which put me in this wacky spot. I live in the middle of nowhere so the next nearest place was about $350 just in towing- yeah.
Secondly, I know the CV joint will have to be repaired in the next 1K-2K miles. There's no clicking or banging yet but it'll have to be done. The AC belt broke loose this summer and the stereo was stolen last summer.
I have a laundry list of repairs if someone would rather call so we can discuss it, that might be easier; (518) 321-1118
For now- if anyone want to google map its location:
4900 RT 9N Corinth, NY
I do apologize but I haven't kept any pictures on file. It's about 40 minutes away and I obviously don't have a vehicle to get there. As I suggested just give me a call if you want to talk details. I have no idea what to ask really but considering it doesn't start that's obviously a major strike against any asking price.

WISH LIST
29' HackerCraft - Gentleman's Racer...
http://www.hackerboat.com/html/29__gentleman_s_5.html