View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Okay we spent from 10-9 yesterday getting the old engine out, parts switched and cleaned up. We will finish the install on wensday and see what other bugs my show themselves.

Neat things we noticed is that the transmssion has been rebuilt, with a new clutch, new ebrake cable, speedo cable and some front end bushings.

All the bushings on the transmission linkage are gone, hints to why it is soooooo hard to get into gear. Anyone have a hint to how to press out the old metal rings? from the original bushings?

I don't think this is a factory ac car, the bracket has bet cut to fit around the water pump, so we just kept this off and decided to remove the ac instead of repairing it.

I don't think anything was ever done to the original engine, the nylon screen on the oil filter was clogged to hell. The air filter is clogged with pine needles and about 1/2inch of grime stuck to it. Still had the original breaded fuel in lines..spliced in many places..original power steering reservoir lines...and you couldn't even tell there was a red oel cap on the injection pump.

Also looks like we'll need a new radiator, any idea where to get one? Going to see about recoreing it.

Heres photos.

old engine

This is as far as we got last night....and yes my driveway is now ruined.

Does anyone need anything from the old engine?