View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funola View Post
I did almost exactly the same thing a few years ago. Used the same glavanized tie wire and twisted it oto the same spot. The pull only works when the trunk key is horizontal, when the vacuum lock also works. If you figure out how to have a pull with the key veritical, when vacuum locks do not work to unlock the trunk, LMK. I always leave my trunk lock in the vertical position for more security. It's too easy for thieves to smash your window, pull up on the door knob and have access to the trunk.
Well I am going to tuck the Wire under the Rear Deck Carpet so it cannot be seen.

I cannot turn my Trunk Lock at all because I have no Key so it always stays were it is.

(I removed the Trunk Tumbler assembly thinking I could go inside and re-pin the lock as I have done on some other Locks. But it is built like a Vault; no way I could see to take it apart. A new Trunk Tumbler Assembly with a generic coded Key is $165.)

Obviously the idea for the Manual Pull Cable is not new and infact I read about it here on the Forum several years ago (and I should have installed one back then but did not).
I just figured it needed some pictures.

I wonder what the parts for the Factory one for the 1985 costs.

Not as critical because I always try to fill up before my Tank gets 1/2 empty and the Car seldom goes further than a 10 mile trip; but how would someone get the cover open to fill the Fuel Tank if the Vacuum is not working?