Thread: W210 overheats
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:55 PM

If it was mine, I'd pull the rad cap, let it get hot and see if it wanted to burp again (jack the nose up 6" off the ground) or would accept more fluids. Shouldn't get much more than 100-105C with the cap off if its full of coolant and the WP is working as there is no pressure present to increase temps beyond boiling. Its easy to get fluid out of the rad, I'd flood it til it overflowed. - I tried this, the temp maxed out at 96 on the CCU display & temp gauge & held steady. Jacked it up 6", rocked the car, squeezed both upper and lower radiator hoses to maybe create some flow to push air bubbles, let it run for a half hour or so, shut it down, coolant level did not change, temp did not change.

An IR Thermo would be a fun tool to play with to help figure out whats happpening in that event. - I have one at work, will bring it home tomorrow, where should I measure temperature?

Where should the coolant level be?

Thinking outside of the box. The transmission was replaced at the end of July. I drove the car for 3 weeks and approx 1000 miles with no issues. Can this have something to do with the problem?