View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 PM

Opinions on Hitch Carrier Cargo Bags/Boxes?

Well, here over the last 2 weeks my world has completely changed.

Back on Aug 10th, I started the trip back to NC. My mother had called 2 nights before - my 73 year old father's kidneys had shut down, and with the help of a local hospice association, had brought him home on the 9th so he could pass away in peace at home. I arrived home the afternoon of the 11th, and was with him when he passed on just before 1 PM on the 12th.

We had the funeral the following Monday, and the next day the mail carrier came by to ask what was wrong, as we hadn't checked the mail for 2 or 3 days. She was rather shocked when my mother told her the news of my father's passing, no one had told her.

My mother introduced me to her, upon which she said "Wait a minute, I have a registered letter here for you".

It was a recall letter to my previous job with Freightliner in NC, at the same pay and seniority as when I left. Given that I was now concerned with my mother being on her own, and my present job in SA was going away on Oct 1st, I wondered if someone upstairs were trying to guide me as to which direction to go.

So, over the next couple of weeks I'll be packing up and heading back to NC around the middle of September. To make the job of packing easier, I've picked up a hitch mounted cargo basket to go on back of he Liberty, 53" by 25", mounted on a swingarm so I can move it out of the way and still be able to open the rear cargo door even when loaded up.

Given that, does anyone have any recommendations as far as the available cargo bags and boxes that would fit in this size basket?

Mitchell Oates
Mooresville, NC
'87 300D 212K miles
'87 300D 151K miles - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD 67K miles
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club