View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 11:52 AM
roas

Ok, Ok, one person is one too many. No disrespect to Michele Alboreto, but he died in a Audi R8 Le Mans Series type car, not a F1 car.

Compared to other series and at the speed we are seeing I would say F1 is at a decentl level of safety, all I am saying is now it's time to up the performance again. Of course safety has to keep pace, thats a given.

My point is that the sport has come a long way from when it first started, hell seat belts......, we don't need those stink'in seatbealts.....

Quote:
Originally posted by renyf1
The problem isn't the cars going faster and faster its all the bad things that happen when they leave the track. The human body can take only so much.
I would say, develop active aig bags, they can charge and discharge suspension components hundreds of times a second, I think they can do the same with a air bag, and it would end up in our Mercedes to boot!

What I want, and what I imagine most stectators want is to see technology so amazing, and cars doing things on the race track so spectacular that you just sit there is disbelief, for the whole race! Is that to much to ask for? I don't know. Is Ferrari spending 100+ million a year to squeeze 1 second out of a car worth much, you tell me? I bet active aero aids would trim a huge amount of development cost and see performance levels go way higher.

I guess I would like innovation to come back, excitement as well. I think the sport is ready (the spectators) for a revolution in the technology, not a evolution, we have had the same old performance as 20 years ago. The 80's turbo cars where amazing, 1200+ hp from 4 cylinder engines and they still hold some track records (at least I think they do???). (What would the ricers do if they could bring that level to the street from a 4 cylinder??? )

I wouldn't be against the major manufactorer's breaking away and creating their own series and writing the rules as they like. If McLaren wants to spend more on engine development why should bernie think no?

You want somethink exciting, let the rule book get fuzzy! If I am a team and the next guy whips my butt should I whine like a baby? No I should go do my homework and try and beat him.

If Mclaren has Beryllium in its engines and is kicking the tar out of everyone else (98, 99), should Ferrari protest behind closed doors and have Beryllium banned in 2000? NO, but that is what seems to have happened and it hurt Illmor (Mercedes) bad as they have been trying to catch up ever since.

I am with Kuan, I would love to see F1 doing even 300+ down the back straights, with electric motors at that!

Oh, and while I am wishing pie in the sky stuff, Bernie, can we please have a full racing slick back like the rest of the planet? Hello....?

Sorry for the whinny speech making guys, I'm just frustrated at the current rules.