View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:09 AM

The fan is pushing, in unison, with the engine fan. Until, I put the condenser on I never had any problems with the cooling of the engine. The fan clutch was probably already not working properly. It just did not matter until now.
Also, since the A/C was not installed. I had not really driven the car during this years 109 degree Texas summer (yes it was a rough one for us this year, ask Ali). If I had driven it I probably would had a problem then. Remember, the radiator of the 111 chassis is smaller than the 108 chassis but the engines are the same 130 model.

Mike D
If you noticed the condenser, drier, hoses, wiring, relays, and the compressor are all new. The only original part if the interior unit which I feel has to be a match to the rest of the interior. Anything else would look like crap and that is not how I operate.
How can the original equipment be a weak link if everything has been tested and is in perfect working order?
As we all know most parts are still avalible OEM new. Now if my baby were a 68 Mustang or a Cadillac then yes I would agree that the old stuff would be the weak link and probaly cause problems. This is one of the reasons I love Mercedes. No one else comes close to their level quality and standards.
Sorry if I went a little off.

68 280 SE coupe 'Hairball'
70 280 SL
71 280 SEL - RIP May 2010

Last edited by twinockchef; 09-06-2011 at 02:23 AM.