View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 PM

CTH,

That is FAR more detailed than I was expecting!! I'm going to compile a kit to bring with me to his driveway and do it; he's a nice guy, and couldn't believe he had hidden this car from me for the past 5 years I've worked there! By any chance do you recall the size of the plug?

With this, I should be able to see if I can sort it out.

Tom,

I've got TONS of vac line left over from when I changed them all in my 560. I hope it is a 4.5, as I am very familiar with the M117. We had an old 420, but that was before I was car savvy enough to fool around with the radio, let alone the engine! A lot of cars 'sit' in that part of CT; Members at the club I have constantly sell cars they've had for ages because they just hadn't used them in years... What do I drain the fuel tank into? I've never done this (start a sitting car) before, so all input is GREATLY appreciated!!

Tony,

In my dreams I would acquire a coupe... I can live with a sedan though. I have the 560SEL and I drive with maybe one other person in the car once a week. This car just 'fell' into my hands, so I was excited no matter what body and engine combo.

1987 560SEL (210,000 miles)