View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 03:01 AM

1st time and glad to be here

Hi everybody. I had been casually shopping for a 72-73 107 for almost 2 years and purchased a 73 1 month ago. I have been reading this site for a long time and find it quite informative. Have had a lot of fun reading the Dear Abby post. OK so here's some of my thoughts.
The car that a person wants should make them feel good when they drive it. It's that simply. If it doesn't, sell it. I picked the 107 because it has to be one of the most beautiful classic designs in an automobile ever. Mine had 171,000 miles on it when I picked it up. I put 2,500 on in 4 days driving it back to Minnesota from California. It ran great and didn't use a drop of oil.
The things that are just a plus for me since I've had it are the "nice car" comments that I get from everybody from 16 to 76, male and female. Not bad for a 30yr old car. My non MB mechanic points out things on the car and says "This is a machine". He is as excited about the SL as I am. I don't think there is any "snob" factor here. Just passion for the SL. Remember, enjoy what you drive.

Thanks
Mark