View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Pooka

Well, when I heard the Jobs Speech I didn't really hear anything about jobs, cutting spending or raising taxes.

I did hear: It is a new day, friends. Time to start compromising and here is some stuff to begin with. I don't expect to get any of this but I do expect you to talk about it since this old 'Just say NO stuff' days are over. And if it takes a joint session of Congress and going on live Television to get you to do your jobs then that is what it takes. Nothing up to now has motivated you so maybe this will.

Now the ball is in the Republican's court. They can dig in their heels, refuse to do anything that looks like work, and continue to cash their paychecks or they can come out swinging on the individual points laid out by the President.

But just sitting still and hoping the right wing is too stupid to notice their lack of activity is not an option.

Rush Limbaugh has been beating the drum on the 'No Compromise' line since Tom DeLay left office and the Republicans have been lining up behind this because Republican voters don't punish them for not doing their jobs. And, let's face it: It beats working for a living.

So are the Republicans still able to debate in an intelligent way? Hopefully we will find out soon since a lot of independent voters are wondering if the Republicans are ever going to keep their promises to create jobs, jobs, jobs.