View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Well, when I heard the Jobs Speech I didn't really hear anything about jobs, cutting spending or raising taxes.

I did hear: It is a new day, friends. Time to start compromising and here is some stuff to begin with. I don't expect to get any of this but I do expect you to talk about it since this old 'Just say NO stuff' days are over. And if it takes a joint session of Congress and going on live Television to get you to do your jobs then that is what it takes. Nothing up to now has motivated you so maybe this will.

Now the ball is in the Republican's court. They can dig in their heels, refuse to do anything that looks like work, and continue to cash their paychecks or they can come out swinging on the individual points laid out by the President.

But just sitting still and hoping the right wing is too stupid to notice their lack of activity is not an option.

Rush Limbaugh has been beating the drum on the 'No Compromise' line since Tom DeLay left office and the Republicans have been lining up behind this because Republican voters don't punish them for not doing their jobs. And, let's face it: It beats working for a living.

So are the Republicans still able to debate in an intelligent way? Hopefully we will find out soon since a lot of independent voters are wondering if the Republicans are ever going to keep their promises to create jobs, jobs, jobs.
So....the Republicans are supposed to drop to their knees and simply give the Messiah a rubber stamp because he is so all knowing and smart? Or insist on smart and reasonable steps be taken....as is their right as the House Majority.

From what I have heard about whats in the job bill from someone that has actually read it....is everyone that pays taxes now are going to get a classic butt rape without the benefit of a reach around, or lube.

Its tax, tax, tax, and tax some more. But the half that pay nothing now still won't have to pay.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche