View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
I am probably not the right person to ask this because I put out over $1k to have one of my cats eyes removed when he got a tumor. Could not afford it but I took out a loan and paid it back. We have no kids so our animals are our kids.

Having said that, I do not begrudge you for your decision. I have lost 5 our pets and I was by their side for each one. It is the hardest thing I have ever done and I hate it with a passion.

Something I was told and that I pass along is this. You are the voice for your pets because they do not have one. You have to do what is right for them, not what makes you feel good.

I have seen to many people who force their animals to hang on because they are unable to make the decision to let go. Animals should not be forced to suffer. I suspect that since you are asking that you will do the right thing when the time comes.

Good luck.

The above are the words of a loving and responsible pet owner.

I've done things such as this over the years and I've had to put several down. I've always tried to take into account the suffering of the animal and put myself in their shoes.

Best of luck with this.
Larry

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution