Thread: THANKS A LOT!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.

As noted in the server performance thread, the bookmarks you posted all appear to have a double slash at the end of them, which is technically an invalid format. The old server must have been set to ignore this. I have a trick up my sleeve that may be able to account for this, but I don't want to mess with the server while everyone is on it - I will try this fix later on tonight.

I appreciate everyone's patience as we move the server to its new home. I am a firm believer of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", however, the old server was running an older, out-dated version of vBulletin that had a few security holes. It would probably be only a matter of time before the server was hacked. The Pelican Parts forums get about 2-3 times as much traffic here, and we've been fine-tuning that configuration since 1998. So, all will be good, but there will probably be one or two hiccups along the way. Thankfully, I think that the most difficult part of the process is out of the way.

Thanks again for your patience and continued support,

Wayne