View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil46 View Post
Making the move from San Antonio back to NC last week, it's quite obvious that 95% of the drivers on the interstate these days don't understand even that simple concept - I even ran into a couple vehicles near Hickory NC on I-40, that were deliberately running beside each other at 10 mph below the speed limit for close to 5 miles, just trying to piss off all the "furiners".

Then you've got the group at the opposite extreme, who feel that the left hand lane is specifically reserved for them to run at autobahn-like speeds, and "how dare you try to pass a semi at only 75 mph and hold me up from flying along at 90 mph". At least 5 times when I was passing a semi with at least a 5 to 10 mph speed difference - ie, going past it at a fairly good clip - here comes Speed Racer flying along at 90 mph, comes screaming up just 3 feet from my rear bumper when I'm halfway past the truck, and starts flipping their high beams on and off, wanting me to floor it and GTF out of their way so they wouldn't have to waste 20 seconds of their life waiting for me to pass the semi.
how about when the semi suddenly decides to make an emergency lane change into the left lane? Rocket boy suddenly becomes Pancake boy.