View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Can you provide the quotes on those two actually saying they'd leave? I remember hearing that too, but never saw video or actually read them quoted. Snopes quotes other celebs as saying similar things, but the Baldwin statement is hardly a direct threat to leave and O'Donnell isn't mentioned at all.
Bill O is just looking for ratings. Who GAS?
Here's something of an account regarding Baldwin.

"Then, on Sept. 18, the New York Daily News ran an interview from German magazine Focus in which Kim Basinger announced that her husband, Alec Baldwin, "might leave the country if Bush is elected president," adding, "and then I'd probably have to go too." (She has since filed for divorce.)

But scare tactics can backfire. On Sept. 19, the Daily News ran the following Baldwin retraction: "I never said I'd leave the country, and my wife never heard of Focus magazine and never talked to them."

Then, on Sept. 20, the Daily News ran the following retraction of the retraction. "Kim did indeed speak to a Focus magazine," he told the paper. "But my wife and I never said unequivocally that we would leave the country if Bush won. Never."

I take it back - Salon.com