View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
how about when the semi suddenly decides to make an emergency lane change into the left lane? Rocket boy suddenly becomes Pancake boy.
That's one other thing I noticed - that most of the truck drivers now have a propensity for deciding to pull out and pass the semi ahead of them, by pure happenstance I'm sure, just as one or more of these Jeremy Clarkson wanna-be's comes screaming up and has about 50 feet or so to haul it down from warp speed before he kisses the back end of the trailer.

In most of these cases, said speed demons had just cut me off while I was trying to pass a slower vehicle, and it was quite entertaining and gratifying to see them experience the old saying "what goes around comes around" literally within seconds of doing it to someone else.

One more item of note - at least along I-40 from Little Rock to NC, these speedsters seemed to group together in packs, anywhere from 3 to upwards of 20 vehicles, running along nut to butt in the left lane well in excess of the other traffic on the road.

Mitchell Oates
Mooresville, NC
'87 300D 212K miles
'87 300D 151K miles - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD 67K miles
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club