View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Recent Advances in Evolutionary Theory

OK. Let's see if I can get it right this time.

Are there people here (Botnst comes to mind) who know much about the advances in evolutionary theory from the past 30 years?

Here's the crux: I was taught and have been perfectly comfortable accepting that time, randomness and survival of the fittest was the basis for evolutionary theory.

Didn't all of us over the age of 35 or so learn that lighting in the early planet eventually produced amino acids which then bubbled in the air and ocean for a couple billion years until chance combination produced life?

I'm serious. All you folks out there. Isn't that what you were taught and tend to still believe?

Well, if you wrote a technical paper with that concept and submitted it to a respectable journal they would return it and have been doing so since 1980!!

The earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Water formed about 3.8 billion years ago. The fossil record tell us life started about 3.5 billion years ago. And then that life remained basically constant until about 650 million years ago.

This topic interests me. I would enjoy discussing it in greater detail if there are those who know about and are interested. If not, or if you think I'm trying to deceive or otherwise be disingenuous I'll not post more on the topic.

I've read a bit about it but before I post more details I'll see what, if any, interest there is.

Be well.