View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Virginia Gentleman

Ok, here is what I did. On the EPC instruction page

Download the Java Runtime Environment and WebStart, following the step-by-step instructions below. Simply click on the Java icon to download The Java Runtime Emvironment (JRE) 5.0 Update 4 for Windows,
This might be where things go wrong.

In the Windows Control Panel, select Internet Options, and open the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the "Java (Sun)" section and uncheck the box on the line "Use JRE 1.x.x for (requires restart)"
No problem here.

I click on the link Click here to be reditrected to the Sun Microsystems download page for the Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 which includes Java Web Start. This is the preferred version of Java for this web site. Click on the link for the JRE 5.0 Update, accpet the license agreement, select the correct file and install it using the Windows Online Installation, or if desired you may download the file for Offline installation.
it takes me here

JRE 5.0 Update 10 includes the JVM technology
The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications. More info...
Download JRE Installation Instructions
click on download JRE
and it takes me here to the latest version version 10, this might be where things are screwed up.

J2SE(TM) Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
You must accept the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for Java SE to download this software.
Accept License Agreement Decline License Agreement
Thank you for accepting the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for Java SE; you may now download this software.
Windows Online Installation (typical download size is ~7.1MB) 245.76 KB jre-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe

I can only assume that I have to use version 4, any suggestions before I try version 4?

'82 240D Stick
'85 300D Auto
Drove my first MB at age 16 1960 300SL W190