View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 08:46 PM

That’s pretty funny!

This is really quite evil. I’m sure I could go to a bad place for telling this story…

My trusted independent is equally not fond of big brother stealer down the road. I’m in for a lube service and he tells me with a big smile on his face that my E320 wagon needs front sway bar bushings that are covered under StarMark.

I book my appointment and wait to hear from my service adviser. I find out it DEFINETLY needs the front sway bar bushings. I ask him to go ahead and do the work. He calls me the next day. It’s ready for pick up; it’s whatever couple of hundred dollars ( I honestly don’t cart about the cost, but the principal I will fight over).

I tell him I’m a gentleman, but that I flat disagree with him: this item is StarMark covered. We really get into it, and I end up going in to have it out with he and his boss. I show them the item listed in my warranty. I ask them with whom do I need to speak to resolve this issue? I have never seen two men whose combined age is four times mine back down so quickly.

To this day, I have had several thousand dollars of questionable warranty work done there.

It sad that their business is such a game…

To my trused indy and all the great wrenches out there, thank you!

1988 300 SL (5 Speed)
1994 E320 Wagon
1997 C230