View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrhino View Post
My car has very little power while in drive or reverse. RPMS will not go over 1000 and the car barely moves. If it is in park or neutral the rpms will increase like normal. I have changed the fuel filters twice now and no change. I raised the hood while driving so I could see the throttle linkage and they arm moving and go into the position of wide-open throttle but rpms do not increase. Car has also been hard to start at times I will attempt to start for 2 cycles and then it will start fine but usually the 1st cycle it will turn over but no start until I recycle it again. The car recently was not used for 2-3 months related to a locked up ignition but I fixed that and now I am having these problems. 3 months ago prior to the ignition lockup the car ran fine with normal power.

Any ideas where to start or trouble shoot?

Thanks

Any help greatly appreciated
ok, re reading your post it does sound like you have classic clogged banjo bolt issue.
as for the hard to start part, how cold is it where you are?
when you say "attempt to start for 2 cycles and then it will start fine but usually the 1st cycle it will turn over but no start until I recycle it again." are you considering the glow light time as a cycle? that light is simply an indicator that your plugs are working. the actual time the plugs stay on is MUCH longer. if it's cold, it's best to turn on the key, and count to 35 before attempting to either recycle the key or start. you can leave your door open, and listen to the relay click or watch the dome light, it will brighten when the glow plugs have cycled off. then start it, I bet you get MUCH better performance from the starting.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!