View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 AM

Thanks MB DOC! I just wanted to confirm this information since I just bought the mass air sensor a few months ago from my local german parts shop. I spent a lot of time trying to diagnose this situation and I ruled out the mass air sensor only because I just bought it. So this morning I went out to my car and grabbed a mass air sensor I borrowed from my friend and just threw it in the car. Well, I took the car for a 20 minute spin and so far so good. I got home and ran the codes and no code showed up. The car was a lot more zippier too. I will take the car to work today which is typically about a 70 mile drive and see what the car does. Now I just hope that my warranty on the mass air sensor is still valid. I will post again if the problem comes back.

On another note. After owning this car for the past 6 years I can say that it's finally a relief to finally get this code reading thing down. I am glad that this community is here. My only wish is that I wish that there was a lot more info out there on the 400, 420, and 500's out there. Or at least a specific board for my car.