View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 02:27 AM
pmizell's Avatar
pmizell pmizell is offline
Benz Zealot
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 838
What year is your 300E? Your throttle linkage may need to be adjusted, or your deceleration shutoff microswitch replaced, among other things.

I would check these first. When your engine is idling high, press the little roller wheel in on the microswitch. Your throttle linkage makes contact with it and tells the engine to reduce fuel inj. If the idle decreases when you test it, then you can try to bend the little roller arm so it pushes farther in, or just replace it. Dealer list cost is $23.

Other things to check:

air flow sensor position indicator
throttle valve switch

Good luck

'01 E430, Sport 72,000 mi
'98 C280, 126,500 mi

Last edited by pmizell; 10-21-2002 at 02:34 AM.
Reply With Quote