View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggle Dog View Post
Well, maybe people drive differently around here. I was almost always tailgating the car ahead of me when merging onto the freeway and it seemed I was always passing people.
Yes they do. I've been to Tacoma a few times and it seems like about 99% of the drivers don't know what that skinny pedal on the right is for. The first time I was there I had some POS rental and I kept thinking how it would be an ideal environment for my 240D.

I drove a W123 240D as a daily driver for about three years. This included taking it down to San Diego to work out of state for several months, a couple days driving in LA, and one trip from Nevada to Georgia and back. I did spend a lot of time with my foot on the floor, and there were sometimes some concerns about getting rear ended, but I planned my merging and passing carefully and never had a problem. Yes, the typical car today has about three times the power of an old non-turbo, but most drivers never use it, so as long as you're willing to flog the car like it was meant to be, you won't be that far out of place on the roads.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.