View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM

Thanks all,

I don't see any problem with the roof. Its a rubber membrane with no obvious cuts, tears, gaps etc. I recoated it a coupe of years ago, and it still looks good.

I have to reframe the window before I can even think about sealing around it.

The problem with removing all the affected wood is one of access. The wall in question is the rear wall of the RV, and the RV has a rear kitchen. The rear wall, left to right, is --Refrig, range, counter top with corner sink on the right side. Center of window is also center line of the RV right near the right edge of the range. The cabinets were screwed to the framing from the outside, so removing them is a major issue. I've pulled the range hood and the wood seems good all around the refrig.

Its a '95 Wilderness, and otherwise looks almost new. We use it about 4 times a year, and its hard to justify much expense. I'd like to get 3 or 4 more years out of it. Another problem with replacing it is that most manufacturers seem to be concentrating on the larger end of the spectrum. This one is 24', and I've seen a 26' that is OK, but then they seem to go well into the 34' +/- range, and I just don't need/ want the extra space.