View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 11:45 AM
MikeTangas's Avatar
MikeTangas MikeTangas is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 4,430
What Kebowers is calling a strut rod, is probably the guide rod or track rod (multiple names for the same part). Runs from the lower arm (attaches right at the spring mount) and mounts back toward the firewall. The large end is where the track rod mount is. Worn track rod mounts will cause the very "ghadak" you describe.
Mike Tangas
'73 280SEL 4.5 (9/72)- RIP
Only 8,173 units built from 5/71 thru 11/72

'02 CLK320 Cabriolet - wifey's mid-life crisis

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon least its a diesel

Non illegitemae carborundum.
Reply With Quote