View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Pooka

That these things go on is not new. I can remember a similar thing among the management at a division of a big oil company about 25 years ago. It was a very hush-hush thing, but if you found out about it you were cut in and everybody was happy. It revolved around vendor kick-backs.

But then one guy found out and decided to take it upstairs to someone he knew would not stand for it. When the CEO found out about it the company suddenly had a 're-org' and about 80% of the management staff was gone.

I remember coming in one day and asking where all the managers were. 'Gone' was the answer. Then we tried to figure out who was in charge and determined that I was, so I yelled at everyone to get back to work. Then I passed out a feedback form on my management style and reported back to them that the results showed me receiving a 100% approval rating. Then the real new boss showed up, so we told him how we had spent the day. He gave us an award for hitting a new production high since we had really done something that could pass as work. We never knew what he was talking about, but we put the award cert up in the break room since it was the only management recognition we had ever received.

So this Railroad thing is supposed to have cost the Pension Fund a billion dollars? That might be high or it might be low, but the thing I am talking about cost the company about $200,000,000 a year over a ten or twelve year period. That is not just a guess, by the way. We did get a note from a guy that had moved to Italy thanking us for the $2,000,000 and the Yacht.

A crook is a crook no matter if they are wearing overalls or a suit. If you think only Union members do this sort of thing then you are not paying attention to the real crooks in our economy.

Trust me, they are everywhere.