View Single Post
Old 09-20-2000, 02:47 PM

Hi Everyone, Sorry to post again, but I really need some help in figuring out what wheels will work on the car.

I really prefer the look of the Factory 8 hole wheels, and would love to put these on my car. a 1992 300CE.

I know of course the AMG Monoblocks look great, and I salivate at the thought of putting those on my car, but I can't afford the wheels now that I just shelled out the dough for the car, but in a few months I should be able to pick up some nice AMG Wheels.

but for now, I would love to get some factory 8 holes in 16" size to work on the car. Tires or not.

If there are any Tire/Wheel Guru's out there who can assist me in this I would greatly appreciate it.

My Driving Style:
I don't drive agressively or go racing around town. I generally just cruise at the speed limit or at the flow of traffic. I will every now and again open the car up just for the adrenaline rush, but I usually revert back to my normal driving style after I have gotten the adrenaline going.

So I'm not looking for super high performance tires/wheels, or the hi-performance look at this time.

all I really need to know is which wheels in 16" from which benz models will work on my car, and will have an offset that works right.

I am not into rolling the fenders, or slapping on the widest wheels and tires I can on a car. But i would like to find a good medium, with factory 16" 8 hole wheels and decent tires, either made by michelin, or another reputable brand.

My biggest tire concern is milelage on the tires. I have Michelin LTX's on my Jeep and the tires have lasted for 55K Miles, and still have a few thousand more miles on them.

So I'm really looking to find out about wheels/tire sizes for my car, but in 16" only. I really can't see using anything smaller. And I will not go over 17" wheels, because I think 18's on that car just look too big.
t in anycase, I know there are many of you out there who have the right answer for me, so please try.

Also I noticed there is a guy from tirerack.com who posts here named Luke.

Luke you seem very helpful and knowledgable about the cars and tires/wheels for the cars.

what wheels and tires would you recommend for my car? I prefer factory look to aftermarket wheels on the car, and money is a major deciding factor here. but I would be interested in knowing if the ATP 8's in 16x7.5 with the right offset for my car, and what tire size will work. If it comes out to be justa bit more than I was expecting then its ok. I'll start saving up the money instantly.

I do know I have to get two tires for the car, but I dont want to get tires unless I have the right wheels. as soon as the car is delievered (Hopefully by friday) i will post up some pics of the existing wheels with the existing tire size and a pic of the car just so you can see what I mean when I say the wheels that are on it are nasty....

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Ashman