View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:57 PM

I wish my thread in DD about my non-working blower got this much attention.

I'm keeping it pretty simple, but the result is pretty similar to what Jolly Roger is doing. A few months ago I kept track of everything I ate and drank, except water, for five days and then calculated my intake of calories and various nutrients. I came up with an average of 2636 calories per day. I decided to cut the calories by 1000, but keep my protein intake adequate to maintain muscle mass. My original goal was 100 grams per day, but I've been averaging a little over 80. So far it seems to be working. I was concerned about glycogen depletion affecting my PT regimen, but so far it doesn't seem to be a problem. I was expecting to be a lot hungrier a lot more of the time, but that hasn't happened to any great extent. I think the high protein content has something to do with that. I don't drink sodas anyway, and my candy and/or ice cream consumption happens maybe once a month. I don't do artificial sweeteners or fake fat.

My PT program consists of a three day cycle. Day 1 is lifting-upper body for about 50 minutes. Day 2 is a long bike ride, and day 3 is a four mile run/walk in which I run for the first part of each mile and then walk the rest. I've been gradually extending the length of the run portion.

Edit: Speaking of beer, I've quit drinking for extended periods of time on two occasions and didn't lose any weight. I think the environment may have had something to do with it. Both times I was working a lot of hours, to the point of not having much time for exercise. Most of the exercise I did was weight training since there wasn't much opportunity for cardio, and I ate most of my meals in chow halls staffed by third country nationals who are apparently told in their orientation that Americans like to eat more food in one meal than a family in their home country eats in a week.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.