View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Our interstates are outdated and outmoded for current automobile technology. The only reasonable infrastructure I have enjoyed driving on is all the freeways in Las Vegas.

If you want to tell me that the United States can't produce an equivalent system to the autobahn, that's fine. But the only reason is not due to lack of technology, but due to union labor milking jobs for as long as they can.

Just last year, I-95 collapsed in Milford, and had to be shut down. That bridge was longer and wider than the Quinnipiac bridge I frequent EVERY day. Fixed in no time. The new Q bridge has been undergoing construction for over 6 years, and isn't even on schedule.

It isn't Obama's direct fault, no. We could play semantics on blame, but there's no excuse for the condition 90% of America's decrepit roads are in. Semantics aren't going to help either.
The maintenance of the system is the responsibility of each states DOT. The Feds only hand out the money. That's why Nevada's is nice, (altho I daresay the amount of usage a highway would get in Nevada compared to Connecticut might be a clue as to why the Nevada road is better) and another state's may not be so nice. In Texas, we have very nice roads, because we love illegals and we have lots of cheap labor to keep them nice, and lots of black people convicted of minor drug offenses to pick up the trash. In Louisiana, where they hate Mexicans, the roads suck, but they do keep the trash picked up because they have even more crackhead slaves then we do. It's all about "State's Rights". You need some more crackheads, or more illegals.

Obama has presented a bill to Congress with more highway spending, and as usual, the Do Nothing Except Defeat Obama Congress blocked it once again. Perhaps voting for Democrats next time will help.