Thread: Ebay Store
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by francotirador View Post
An Ebay store is for fixed priced listings only. You can accept best offers on your items therein. However, in order to get the best price a regular auction style listing is usually best. People like to fight for things. When they're just offered as a fixed price item, they oftentimes think it's overpriced and/or undesireable. That's because, in their minds, if it weren't, it would have been sold already.

EBay has become very problematic for new and established sellers alike. They have "listing limits" now. That is, a new seller just can't come along and throw 50 items for sale that have, for example, a cumulative value of $10,000. To begin they are only allowed to list a very low quantity of items with a low total value for the first month. You'll have to go to eBay's site and see what the exact limitations are. After 30 days you can ask for an increase in the limits and they will usually do it if you have good ratings.
Ive never heard of listing limits and that dosent make sense-The only thing ebay cares about is income--The more -the better. New sellers waste a good chunk of change before they figure out the ins and outs.
I enjoy seeing what some people will pay for certain old "junk", I usually list 15 items a week -and wait a week or two to relist stuff that didn't sell, that gets inquires on stuff and a lot sells outside of ebay that way-but paypal still gets their cut. Out of the 15 usually only 4 "turn green" per week.
Ebay means EbayMotors to me,Sooner or later im gonna run out of valuable scrapmetal and I dont want to have to be a strictly buy wholesale, resale chinese repop car parts-thats the tough way IMO.