View Single Post
Old 09-20-2000, 04:31 PM

JCE,

Thanks for the input. I have been to tire rack, and have seent he wheels and such.

The only reason why I ask about other model 8 holes working, is I have found some used with 90% tread off an s Class for like $650

On the recycler. It may have been more, but for the money, if they will work, I cant realy go wrong.

But if I do have to get the replica atp 8's, then I will, but I'd rather have OE Factory wheels which at a price of 500-700 with tires for used or slightly used. I would definately be buying them if I knew they fit.

I wonder if anyone has made a table with the different Rim sizes/offsets on all mb models, and then a coparison on which wheels/tires fit.

If there was a table like that, I'm sure most people's questions would be answered.

The strange thing is the different opinions I have heard from friends/ local tire shops.

One friend said the 90's S Class 8 holes will work.

A tire store that I went to who put 18" AMG Wheels on my dad's SL600 said the 92 Ce needed special wheels or something. and I thought that cant be because the car should share most of its mechanical components with the regular E Class.

Even if the calipers are bigger, it shouldn't be a problem considering the factory used 15X6.5 standard on that car I believe.. though dont take my word on that. hehe

I have seen ce's with the 8 hole wheels, but am unsure if they were 15's or 16's, but they did look good.

My car has 16x7 or 16x7.5 5 star chrome wheels that to me are the ugliest 5 star mercedes wheels I have seen. the center caps have huge octagonal lug with an mb star in the center, and the spokes curve in at the edges.

the tires on it are 205/55/16's right now. The tires themselves seem small on those wheels, and it appears that the rim edge is protruding past the tires so it looks just plain awkward.

I was thinking that the 215/55/16's or 225/55/16 would work much better.

I would like to do a wider footprint, without increasing rolling diameter from factory size unless I have to. And without rolling the fenders. hehe

Thanks,
Ashman

[This message has been edited by Ashman (edited 09-20-2000).]