View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:47 PM

A case of media bias???

Its good to compare how the media handle similar stories.

This from Bret Boezel's column:
In 1994, when Paula Jones publicly, at a national press conference for God's sakes, accused President Clinton of exposing himself while demanding oral sex -- something no one accuses Cain of doing -- CBS and NBC completely ignored her press conference. ABC gave it just 16 seconds.

When Kathleen Willey accused Bill Clinton in 1997 of sexually groping her in the Oval Office when he was president -- another woman coming forward publicly with a charge far more serious than anything even suggested about Cain -- the networks ran a grand total of three stories, the longest of which was just 1 minute.

And in the first five days after the publication of the 1999 Wall Street Journal column in which Juanita Broaddrick reluctantly came forward and charged the President with a bloody rape, the number of news stories totaled to three.
end of quoted material...
Three episodes, three named accusers. Alleged actual sexual harassment, or worse, and the major media gives it a total of under 5 minutes coverage, and a few stories.
Compare to the accusation against Cain.
No named accusers.
No specific acts named or described.
And there has been no stop coverage.

I still don't know facts, maybe Cain did do something. But the truth is that NO ONE knows the facts. The worst that the accusation might be is some sort of gesture. Clinton was accused of groping and even forced rape, and yet he is a hero of the Left, and Cain should just quit.

Does anyone still believe that the main stream media is fair and balanced? Is it just possible that they have an agenda?

Don't give me the story that its all about ratings. The ratings on an investigation into sexual crimes by a President would have been thru the roof. And still they refused to cover it, so that "ratings" myth is patently false.

Again, I admit that Cain may be a real sleaze, but shouldn't we demand facts before the lynching?