View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs82 View Post
Look at it this way: Would the capture of bin Laden alive have changed things? The data collected may have been viable much longer. Why? al-Qaida is like most terrorist organizations: highly centralized. Most, if not all, of the major decisions come from central headquarters, ie OBL, himself. The cells are not given leeway to make independent decisions. If he is dead, they can scrap almost everything. If he is alive, they have to regroup and decide whether to wait for any forthcoming directives or assume he is not coming back and then proceed with choosing new leadership.
Thats the big what if. I suspect not. While it is true about the cells and the centralized command I bet they have fail safest in place that if contact is not made at certain times every scaters like a roach.

I dont think Obama would have advertised OBL death had there been spoilage of the Intel. As stated above, its not like the Pakistanies would have kept it a secret.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.