View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM

they can be turbo'ed pretty easy.a 92 up right side turbo ex manifold and turbo and crossover pipe,but you have to make a drain for the turbo and that means punching a hole in the oil pan.the 92 ups had electric fuel pumps on the frame and blocked off the fuelpump mounting flange on the engine with a plate with a pipe on it to drain the turbo.i have a 92 1/2 2wd with a 6.5 turbo,i used to drive it over 1000 a week and consistantly got 24-26 mpg out of it.and it's still pretty close to that.right now it had 560,000 miles.the engine was changed at 260,000 when the previous owner loaned it to a buddy to pull his boat about 300 miles.will he didn't say his boat was like 40ft long and weighed ?? but he was driving it in 5th lugging the hell out of it and scored a piston.i still have the reciept from the new engine change.in 96 it was 5900 bucks.you hear alot about them eating headgaskets.i don't know what these people are doing but i have had at least 8 6.2 and 6.5 diesels over the last 15 yrs and have never had a head off any of them.they aren't powerhouses by any means but they work for me.and beings the carmakers can't seem to get their heads out of the sand and make a small 1/2 ton pickup with a small 4 or 6 cyl diesel engine that will get 30-40 mpg i guess i'll just stick to my old 6.5s and 6.2s.