Thread: Tax Tidbit
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 732002 View Post
I don't see why this is such a issue for you.

Is there a solution to your perceived problem?
Simply put, it makes any discussion of taxes moot. As I have said before, because of these tricks, I can lower your visible tax rates to make you happy by instructing the IRS to take say 5% off and yet load you up in a different spot where you cannot see. In short, accounting is impossible. You can tell me how much you paid in federal taxes and state taxes and say that back in the 40s, we paid more. You might even be able to tell me how much you paid in city taxes, stadium taxes, dog catcher taxes to some extent but you can never say how much you paid in total taxes. That allows me to "steal from Peter to pay Paul". So I give you a 5% break for voting me in at the IRS and state taxes. However, I load you back up in other areas. Perhaps more even but yet it makes you happy.

Best solution I can think of is to have no taxes whatsoever and tax at POS. IF you want to raise taxes you are going to have to raise it at POS level and then you have to justify to your citizens why you need that money. Right now, you can twist it around so badly that nobody will ever know.

IF you really want to think about it, ask yourself this, how much did YOU pay in taxes total. Not just the IRS but all the indirect taxes. If you don't know, you can't make a comparison between years.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow