Thread: Ali tribute
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilcutt View Post
When Ali was asked why he refused to be drafted, and replied..'Them Vietnamese aint done nothin to me', I felt that he made a helluva statement.
Larry, I understand your perspective as someone who served the country, and thusly put your life on the line for what you believed in.

However, I dont know that it would be fair to hate/harbor ill-will/dislike/verbally berate someone who made the decision not to serve.

Just as I dont know that it would be fair to hate/harbor ill-will/dislike/verbally berate someone who made the same decision that you made.

I have no trouble at all with ANYONE who chose to not answer the call. The problem that I DO have with it is when they choose to do so and then STAY in the country that they refused to serve.

For all the guys that chose to go to Canada? Fine! The problem I have is with the ones who didn't STAY there.

These kind of people want their cake and eat it too. If you're gonna' dance you gotta' pay the fiddler. Answer the call, or get the hell out and don't continue to enjoy the freedoms that you refused to protect.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution