View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankneck696 View Post
Darn.... I personally would like to have an intelligent debate about the 2 different articles. I wonder if the 2 authors could ever get together & hash it out civil like.... Oh well, (obvious needling omitted for safety sake)...
I actually signed up to this site just for that issue.
It's just a shame that 1 individual needs to bash the other with no real facts.
The Theory article is just a masterpiece & all thanks go to the author who has been bashed hard, but still spent the time to comlipate all of that wonderful info for us all to learn from.
If the other article writer could just relax & treat people decently, we could use both of their wealths of information to get the full picture of M & MW IPs.

Oh well, I can fantasize, right?

Ed
Ed-
There is really not much use in fiddling with a non turbo injection pump to get more power, as you need more air to burn the extra fuel. You may be able to get another 5-7 HP if you "turn up" the 616 IP and everything else is already in tip top running condition. More likely you'll get 1-4 more HP. While that is 10% at the top end and closer to under 5% at the bottom end, the altering of the 616 IP is really no different than the altering of the 617 IP. If you can read up on those IP altering techniques then the you have the basics for the 616. Some will tell you need to be a bosch bench or be a bosch technician, but that is clearly false. You can take the IP off and adjust the insides moderately and not have a complex operation. You do need to understand that adjustments need to be done incrementally and slowly. With a non forced induction diesel your choices of upping the performance are severely limited however.