View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47dodge View Post
I have seen about a 25-30% improvement on my 616, without adding a turbo. Ip adjustments gave about half of that. I posted some figures at the end of the "eeking out more on a 240" thread. So yes ip adjustments are a good start. If you get aggressive then more air will be needed. Either a turbo, or a differant intake and exhaust. Turbo will of course be the ultimate. I still think I have another 5-10 more if I get the uprated cam, and maybe make a set of headers. I would guess about 85 -90 hp then. Bigger elements will help to, no real idea of what hp increase that will give. Perhaps you may see this as severely limited. It would really depend on your goals. However I am pleased so far.
Really you are one person, one car and have made multiple adjustments; this is not easily able to be replicated- which means your data is questionable. Your one test seems to be climbing a hill and what speed your speedo says at some place on the hill on different dates. I certainly hope you agree this is not a reliable test for HP increases.
This thread/conversation is related to the IP aspect of the 616- which I've said could result is as much as 10% more HP (meaning 5-7 HP)- and that is just a educated guess. Changing the interior settings of the IP could also result in serious engine damage or a engine which blows itself up quickly or over time.
Until you come up with data such as dyno testing after each modification or extensive 0-X testing with as few other changes besides the one modification your results will always be suspect. Of course we all (myself included) salute your gumption and gusto to push the envelope on the 616, you must note that in order to claim X or Y you must have the proper data to back up up claims.