View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 09:09 AM

4Ndelight:
I can't swear to the fact that your car has these lights or not, typically 107's have them. They are small rectangular lights that insert into the trim on the interior of the car at the top of the windshield, one on each side of the inside rear view mirror. If you really don't have them then it's just one less step, don't let it hold you up if they're NOT there.
The "hidden" screws are in this same area, you'll notice a hole in each of these trim panels, just insert a phillips screwdriver into these holes, there are screws in the bottom of these holes.
Start to finish it takes me longer than 5 minutes per visor. Biggest factor for me is reinstalling the rearview mirror, it can be a difficult task on the older models like this, springs were alot tougher then. Lots easier on the newer cars. I usually use a hammer to do it , no, no, not the hammer head, I use the hammer handle butted up against the base of the mirror assembly, then pound upwards on the hammer head. I've never had much luck doing it any other way. But of course you need to be careful the handle doesn't slip off forward and damage the windshield.

Gilly