View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Maņana turkeer

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the torque spec for the two 13mm bolts holding the housing to the block?
it's a grade 8.8 8mm bolt. usually the torque on a bolt with those specs is 18-22Nm. 13mm is just the head size of the bolt.
that being said, i could also not find the factory torque spec. after i cleaned the threads in the head and the threads of the bolt, i torqued mine to 22Nm and have not encountered any leaks or problems as of this writing. 617.952 engine.

as far as the hose: i needed to replace mine, so i stopped by a local NAPA and asked if they had any radiator hoses that had been cut for other applications (they often trim hoses and keep a box of the left-over pieces). i got a 777 hose (NAPA part number on the sticker) and it fit very well. the small end piece i got had enough length to replace the hose 2 times. the best part was that i got the piece for free. i don't know the application or length of a 777 hose, but it might be inexpensive to buy one and have a bunch of spare hose just in case.

Last edited by WNC123; 11-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.