View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM

And?

The OWS situation was getting extremely dangerous of late. I had friends in the park who repeatedly told me that they were encouraging women to leave for their own safety, the sanitary situation was way out of hand, TB carriers were found among the protestors (actually they weren't protesters just homeless who wanted free food and lodging), the increased use of candles, charcoal burners for cooking and some had smuggled Coleman lanters in to the encampment (serious fire issues here folks-have you ever seen plastic tarps and tents burn? Add white gas from a Coleman lantern and you are talking a major fire and burning plastic results in serious 3rd degree burns).

Some lawyers for OWS were trying to say tents/tarps are covered by free speech but at what cost? The OWS cannot even guarantee the safety of the women in the encampment, what makes you think they can ensure basic sanitation and fire safety (NYFD hasd already confiscated generators with gasoling stored in plastic jugs inside tents).

Notice a little pepper spray but no tear gas shells/grenades and no rubber bullets in NYC. NYPD is very good at this sort of thing. Most of the cops down at the park were same age as the protestors.

What got me were the whiners who were asked to leave with their **** and didn't and they got arrested and their **** got confiscated and now they are *****ing to any media whore who will listen.

The only thing I can agree with is they kicked Michael Moore out of the park for being a lying scumbag 1%er!

I understand their gripes but they have a weird idea of what constitutes freedom of speech rights. They had a good idea that became a spectacle and then a quagmire. When the junkies, skells and scumbags moved into their midst they welcomed them instead of keeping to their original aim.

This ain't the 1960's...it's 2011 and the vultures began to feed on eachj other and Mayor Mike said Cut the ****.