Thread: Net wire
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Saved By Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Leo View Post
Made mercy trip to G-town late Sunday afternoon to help Thing One and bride build fencing for their, get this, goats. Most of us would consider all the things involved with animals like goats before actually acquiring the beasts. Not my offspring...at least not the one in G-town.

I got a call Saturday morning asking about the best way to put up 350' of 4"x 4" net wire fencing. Being the Dad I am, I couldn't stand the thought of sitting on their back porch at some point in the indeterminate future and looking at $250 of net wire draped along posts like so much fish net. So, I loaded up the little tractor, fence tools and sundry other items and headed down to their hut.

The posts and rails were already in place so I just cleared alot of brush along the fence lines and then we used the tractor to carry and unreel the infinitely heavy roll of net wire by hanging it from the bucket. At the ends of the runs, we sandwiched the fencing between two 2x4s and then used the tractor like a deadman and with a cable come-a-long chained to the 2x4, tightened the net wire to a nice tension then stapled it to the posts and rails.

TO had to go to work today so we pushed on through, working Monday until dark and got all of it up and finished out. It's the first time either either of us have ever messed with net wire and I have to say it turned out looking damned nice.

Loaded it all up and headed back home about 11:30 this morning. I'm pretty much beat to a nub today.

Goats...
They have a couple of Nubian does and a pair of miniatures. They're more fun than watching Rick Perry at a debate; you folks should consider getting some.
You might want to "goat" get some rest.

Clk's Ebay Stuff BUY SOMETHING NOW!!!