View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
I've been offered employment with a company directly tied to the oil and gas industry here in western PA, and I've accepted. HireRight was contracted to do a background check on me. They required employment history spanning my entire 26 years in the trade, which I freely gave to them...I have a two different resumes, one long and one short.

Anyway, this company has now asked for tax information to confirm employment for companies that are no longer operating. I explained to them that due to a previous housefire, that I no longer hold copies of these documents, and that my previous accountant in Ohio would have to have a week or two to generate copies for me. Now, I understand that there are security concerns in the gas and oil industry, but I never went under a magnifying glass this intense when I worked in Aerospace doing DoD work when I had to have government clearance.

Does anyone here have any experience with them? Are they always this intense or is it only because of the industry I'll be working in?
It depends on what type of work you do. Some types of information are extremely sensitive -- literally billions of bucks on the line. Can you be trusted with that kind of information? Prove it.

Also, even the lowest level gov security clearance now goes back 12 years. If you want TS-SCI and above it's your whole life. They key criterion is this: Do not evade the truth in any way. They are looking for people that cannot be trusted to tell the truth, not for whether you burned a doobie.